Wednesday is complete.
woaw. This is crazy. I am almost done with my treatment...while in chicago now i have to apply all I learned into my life at home, which is going to be just as hard.
Yesterday was exhausting. I ended with conditioning and i get exhausted so easily..we all do, we are in pain doh haha, but exercising whopped me. I had to recover at "home" and then couple hours later Kelly and her mom came over to have dinner with us. That was a lot of fun, we just sat on the roof top eating pizza and fruit. We talked all night, and the moms got a chance to have someone who knows what they are going through. (kelly is almost the exact situation as me with CRPS)
Today started off with my shoulder being awful, it was on and off all day. But i did run again with my physical therapist on oak street. Painful but nice, and even though i felt the same she said i controled my gate pattern better and didn't favor my left! So it's nice to know that even when it feels bad on the last half of 2 minute sets that i am not harming myself.
Today was my last day with Felix, my biofeedback therapist. I am gonna miss him. He is this russian man who laughs with his belly and is uber funny :) But he said he see great things in my future and said i have come very far in the biofeedback. such a sweet old man!
I had to say goodbye to Lisa, the women in my group who also has CRPS, bc she has to leave. It was so sad to say goodbye. i love her so much. She is such an inspiration. she lives in conneticut and I miss her already. :/ SHe is one of my new mommy's. She always look after me, like they all do, and said to call or skype anytime i need or want. If you have an extra prayer, please pray for Lisa, she is so sweet and has it pretty bad. She has been such a blessing to my life and i know she may be leaving here but she will never leave my heart.
I ended today in relaxation, and no surprise i fell asleep today. the therapist had to shake my arm 3 times to wake me up...needless to say Kevin is getting a lot of laughs from it. He knows i almost always nod off.
I am not as anxious about getting "out of the harbor" and going out into the waters. The staff has really worked these last couple days on how to prep me for applying everything from there into my daily life. The first 3 days I work full days and i am still kind of anxious about it, but then i will have the rest of the week to recover from it. And my fears of having an ideal college life with my nerve conditon have also been dealt with a lot here.
Here i have dealt with most of the feelings that i have run away from for 3 years. My group helped my out and I am ready to be more open with others and not run away from the feelings that scare me. I want to thank everyone who has supported me and I want y'all to know i promise i will start coming to you more when i need someone to help me.
So here i am, almost done with my 4 weeks of agressive treatment. I have improved emotionally, I have met other people who are going through the same thing, I have become more functional, my hypersensitivity pain has improved greatly and I feel it will continue to improve. Through all of this exhaustion and pain i have been able to enjoy my summer and meet a new family :) This is where I was suppose to be, God is always right.
peace,
E
No comments:
Post a Comment