Monday, July 9, 2012

Day one of week 4!

The final week here in chicago for the Rehibilitation Institute of Chicago! This whole thing is going by sooo fast! It has definitely helped me and gave me the tools and support to continue to improve when i go home. This weekend was mixed in with good times but over doing it and then making the rest of the weekend not so good. not so good.

I don't want to jinx myself but i think my baseline pain level is starting to go down!! bahhhh. Still a lot to work on but I will get there some day. Today during group session I had a breakthrough in dealing with my feelings. It was a bit much to handle but I think it was a good step and showed me how close my group has become. We are literally a family united by pain. They are the BEST. I am going to miss all 7 of them sooooooo much. It is rediculous!

Today I had pt where we worked a lot on stabilizing my shoulder, hard but good because doing them i realized how weak my left shoulder is. I also had aqua therapy when really gave my shoulder a work out..bit too much of a work out actually.

My Aunt Jen stopped by to see mother and me :) that was nice. we just sat out on the roof top garden and ate some cheese and crackers. Now i am currently trying to find the motivation to not pass out asleep and go do all of my exercises...mehhhh.

It's kinda scary thinking of having to go back to my life at home and apply everything into my old life. And of course pace in real life... ;p biggest challenge for sure. But I am clearly so very excited to see my family and friends but I have to learn how not to over do myself in work and all the craziness of life.  woaww.

Kay bye, love y'all
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment