Monday, June 25, 2012

Monday of week 2



Hola! Day 1 of week 2! woaw. Today was good but not...I did a lot more. it was a busy day & my pain didn't increase as much as it would have in the past. But by taking the long way back it was just a bit too much. I got a migrane as well. But i rested some and keeping good spirits, so it's all good.



Tomorrow's schedule will be easier. but today i had OT, PT, therapy, conditioning at gym and aqua therapy. They definitely kept me moving. I did the bike today for 20 minutes, my legs felt like jello afterward but it was great to be moving! I got my heart rate up to 163! yayy. I had to go down right after i reached 163 but i can say i got to it hahah.

God is wonderful, I look around at the people i am with at this program and my ohh so amazing mother and cannot help but see the loving and good things God gives. Like Kevin for example, he is in my RIC group. Sweetest man i've ever met and despite his pain always praises the Lord. He is such a role model to me with how he tells the truth but is still such a sweet guy & does not feel the need to focus on his pain. Love him! And everyone else in my program with me, he is just one of the examples.

I also met 29 year old today who also has Complex regional pain syndrome. It was so nice to talk to her. I always love meeting the people who know exactly what it's like. She was such a sweet heart. She is from Charlottle, NC, where my bestie lives ;) She, like me has also had CRPS for 3 years. We talked for a while just about treatments and how they've spread ( we both have had it start on our leg and has moved all the way up our bodies to the neck). She has it on her right side, and mines my left so we decided we can become one whole unbroken person if you put us together haha

Migrane is still prevalent, i'm gonna bounce.
Peace,
Erin

5 comments:

  1. Hey! Awesome idea! Gonna read it everyday! Already saved in my favs! Ready for the first day of the rest of your life? Hehe. I am!
    Love,
    Dan Dan
    P.S. I named our pool Winnie, so its "winnie the pool" Hehe. Just thaught i would let you know.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I've only read this first one, I'm loving the updates. I love hearing you talk about how people are inspiring to you and how I would say "you can see God in them". I think it's wonderful that you are staying so positive and I'm glad you have some role models down there too. Gonna go read your other posts now :)If you get a chance, check out Romans 13:12 and think of this condition and the rest of your life, with hope and bravery. Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becca, may i just say, you are such a sweetie! I love you. Thanks for your message, made my day! I checked out the verse.. Love it!! thanks for letting me know about that one. I really hope i can go up north with you or at least spend some quality time together this summer!! :)Keep rockin life

      Delete
  3. Erin, you are amazing! I miss your smiling face in Milwaukee, but I know you are kicking butt in Chicago :) Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! You are awesome :) i miss you. we will see each other soon enough, hope things are going well!

      Delete