Yo. I have not had internet at the new ronald mcdonald place yet :/ so i have a lot to write but probably not all will be written i am exhausted!
I ran today, 2 minutes on the treadmil! ahhhh boy did i get it. But it was good. And i talked to one of the physical therapists said she is not a huge fan of the treadmil to work on gate pattern. I agreed so she offered to take my out to the board walk right by the lake and run with me for p.t. sessions. I am really pumped to do that!
... I feel very out of it so i am sorry if there are parts that one cannot comprehend.
So tuesday I moved into the new Ronald Mcdonald House in Chicago. It is amazing!
This bellow is one of the murials that's one the roof top. It has an amazing few.
This picture bellow is the meaditation room. it's wonderful. I often have been going in there to do my biofeedback and relaxation.
Below shows the sounds of love. All the dots on the ground make noises and are a huge hit.
This is the layout of the quiet garden roof top. So beautiful!!
I got to try Art therapy today. It was a lot of fun, a very great distraction from pain. Gotta love the arts. I had back to back conditioning. It was brutal. I was suppose to have aqua therapy as instread but my sensitivity was really bad, and the pool is very cold and temperature can make my sensitivity pain even worse...needless to say i avoided that. But i did my work out with this lady who is slightly older than me. Kelly is on her forth week and is staying an extra 2 weeks. She gives me a lot advice and we swap stories. I love her and getting to know her story. we are both similiar, except hers is all of her right side. She is super sweet and has also grown closer to Christ through her whole experience.
meahh I'm going to be done for today.
Peace,
Erin
orr gotta love the ARTZ? Haha. I love reading this Erin and it seems you are enjoying yourself. It sounds like it's starting to help and thats great to hear, and that you are able to talk to these other people with your condition instead of trying to explain what you have to gtown highschoolers. Haha. I am really happy you were able to run! All I could think about was JV basketball tryouts how you couldn't make it through a suicide. Look how far you've come! I'm soo proud of you and I can't wait to see what the end brings for you. Hopefully Jenny, Maggie and I will be able to make it down there! Keep on going girly, I've got faith in you and all your doctors down there. I love you!
ReplyDeleteLove, Sarah
Ahhh Sarah ARTZ! haha love it. i think i am going to refer to the "arts" as Artz from now on! too cool :) Thank you so much for your message, you have no idea how much you brightened up my spirit. You were one of the people i was specifically thinking about when i wrote my fb post. Soo many wonderful people! I love you so much! Hope y'all can come and visit :) :)
DeleteLots of Love,
e